Friday, April 30, 2010

Last

This is a quickie.

One of the realizations that you have to come to with this disease, is that as it progresses, you the caregiver, have to be prepared to be in last place. It's not a pleasant realization.

When it comes to meal time, you eat last; when it comes to going out, you dress last. You are generally last. As a parent, this is normal but I'm not familiar with any of this because, I'm not a parent.

I am believing strongly that all this is preparation for something else, I just can't for the life of me think what it might be.

The reason all this comes to mind now is that I've just (at 12:30 pm) realized that there isn't enough in the fridge to feed us both at lunch time (in about 45 minutes). So I've just put some soup on. There's plenty in the fridge for Barbara so she'll be fine, but I'll be eating last. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment