Sunday, May 9, 2010

Wishes, Horses, Beggars

This morning I had to give up part of my workout. I woke up early but didn't jump off the bed. I decided to have a little lie in and read my book. Well that may be OK for other people, but not so much for me in my current situation.

About an hour later, I finally decided that I wanted to exercise. Under different circumstances, I might have been able to swing it. If I were responsible for only me, I definitely would have been able to get it all in. But that is not how this works.

I go down to the basement and start doing my thing. Next thing I know, I can hear my niece coming downstairs in her shoes (a sure sign that she was ready). Oops! Trouble! Gotta adjust my plan because Mummy wasn't awake yet. She often has to be awakened if you want her up at a reasonable hour. So, I had to quit my workout, mid-exercise, bc my responsibilities beckoned.

Sigh. Upside: I workout 5 times a week for 45 minutes to an hour each time. So one shortened workout will not hurt me. It may fret me, but it won't hurt me in the long run.

If wishes were horses, beggars would ride, and my workout would never be interrupted.

No comments:

Post a Comment