Friday, May 14, 2010

Upside

No matter how hard I think I have it, there is always someone else who has it harder. I have support - moral and physical; and we were smart enough (or lucky enough) to get long term care insurance which helps with the financial challenges, and finally, we are lucky enough to have other options and resources to help keep this whole crazy thing going. At the end of the day, I think we're managing to plod through this messy bog without the usual amount of destruction being left in our wake. Trying to see upside here. Trying real hard.

Being unemployed (scratch that, 'between opportunities') has a real benefit here. Surprisingly part of that benefit is financial. Don't have to pay for services if you're at home to provide them. But there are other challenges presented by the jobless state, not the least of which is the damage to my longterm professional prospects. I try not to think too much about these things. There's a whole lot I try not to think too much about.

No comments:

Post a Comment