Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Two weeks

Less than two weeks ago, I was writing in Gentlewomen, start your engines with great excitement about starting over. I had the energy, I had the verve, I had the plan. I was ready to go. That very weekend, my mother had a medical emergency. Today, less than two weeks later, my mother has been in hospital for 10 days and has now been moved to a rehabilitation facility where she will reside for the next two weeks.

spilled milk photo: Spilled Milk milk.jpgMy whole life, like the proverbial applecart, has been upended (again?), tip tilted (again?), spilled like so much milk all over someone's clean floor, all in a little less than two weeks. The appropriate Trini word would be 'kilkitay', meaning turned entirely upside down.

The best laid schemes of mice and men, they say, often go awry.

No comments:

Post a Comment