Friday, May 3, 2013

Gentlewomen, start your engines!

starting over photo: Starting Over 2 starting_over.gifIt's pretty clear I'm going to have to start over. Once this phase is complete and Mummy's transition to a new home has been effected, I'm going to have to start over. This doesn't really surprise me. What does surprise me is how I feel about it.

My guess is, and I can only guess since I've never been divorced, it's like getting divorced: new home, new life, new friends in some cases, new start.

I'm going to have to rebuild my personal, professional and financial selves and it's likely to be a lot of work but it seems I'm one of those people who like a challenge. I'm in the fortunate position, I suppose, of having the grit and the graduate degree that may facilitate my efforts a brand rehabilitation, but I still expect it to be a long hard slog. Still, I'm ready. I may even be a little eager. Who woulda thunk it? I've already caught my second wind.

A couple of weeks ago, I thought I was losing my mind, but I'm back now. I was under far more pressure than usual because I have so many pots on the fire, and they were all just that one step before boiling point. The wait was interminable! But thanks be to God, pots are finally bubbling. The meal should be ready any moment now.

Thank you Lord! I'm not sure I could have held out for too much longer. So now, let's get this started. I'm ready to start over. I'm even a little excited about it. Yeah, I'm ready. Let's go!

No comments:

Post a Comment