Sunday, January 6, 2013

Me too!

Apparently I too have a soundtrack to my life.

Got up early this morning because mother was moving about in a way that suggested that something was amiss. I went to make sure that all was well and well, all was not.

Once again we'd responded to our body's call a little too late. As I did the needful, I found myself singing 'Up from the grave He arose'. It's an Easter hymn, one I can certainly hear my old congregation singing lustily on Easter Sunday morn. It ain't Easter yet, but that's the song that was in my head and heart as I dealt with all that met me this am. It's a song about triumph, I guess I was either feeling triumphant (?) or calling on the triumphal Grace of God to get me through my challenge, present and yet to come? Who knows? All I do know is that the singing got me through a messy, messy morning and got me to church on time and in the right frame of mind. I'm not about to complain that the song was seasonally out of step!

Clearly this soundtrack business is a coping tool that we in my family use with some regularity. Thank God for it I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment